This is our year...

Another year has come and gone. However, I am pretty sure that 2008 will be excitingly different - God willing. One of my New Year Resolutions is....to BLOG more. Seriously, I am capable of writing far more decent stuff than I have a for the past 2 years or so. Granted, they were rather random thoughts and probably not written during the best of times. I do think that the more I write, the more perspective I'll get on where I want to go or who I want to be. How did I get to be as old as I am and still be quite useless? Perhaps "useless" isn't the word. I promised myself I'd lay off the defeatist attitude this year. Let's see how long that will last.

I started writing today because I suddenly felt, out of the blue, that it was my DUTY to write. Now why did I think that? I don't know. I wish I did...but I don't. We had a beautiful family reunion this Christmas - probably the best one so far. I wish I could have introduced him to the family...but the moment wasn't right. Or rather, the moment was just perfect but I didn't have the courage to. I'm still living in fear - fear of hurting others, and thus hurting myself. I wish the cycle would just snap!

We have two adorable additions to the family - they were adopted. Though one was moody and fussy (she wasn't feeling too good) the other was just the opposite. I think I'll call them Grimsey and Bubbles for now. Bubbles was a darling really. Smart and confident - she spoke charmingly well and was cute too. When I think of all the things she got up to, I am so glad to have her a part of the family. Grimsey is super smart too...but a bit of a spoilt brat - sorry Grims! Her folks give in to her every whim and fancy - and she gets away with things which would have got me two sharp smacks on my bottom. All the same she is only 5 years old - and I have behaved far worse at my age now! I'm really proud of my aunt and uncle who decided to adopt after years of waiting for a child of their own. Both Grimsey and Bubbles are a blessing. I can't help but feel a tug of sadness for the mothers who had to give them up to be adopted. I hope they know that their girls are loved and cherished by us here. I'm feeling rather maternal of late...it's the bio-clock tick-tocking I suppose.

I have to stop now - my tea is getting cold...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paralysis

A Picture Speaks

Friends Like Us