On Passing Exams
Yes I cleared all my papers last sem without any arrears. Only the good Lord knows the kind of tension I was in about it...granted the tension is largely misplaced as I didn't work as hard as I COULD have. There's always the standard expectation that "I'll try harder for sure next term - no more messing around". Now I'm in my final sem of specialization, all I'm really doing with my time is catching up on Scrubs and Grey's Anatomy, wishing my life had all that drama, passion and intensity! And what lies behind most of us clearing our papers is the greatest mystery of all. Though I'd rather not question my good luck, I am in awe and in envy of those who didn't try AT ALL! I mean seriously! By those standards I have been burning a s*** load of midnight oil! It is THAT easy to get a degree in India. In fact, easier. Rumour has it that many pay to have their papers cleared. Meanwhile I go home with guilt for having asked a friend to whisper a formula when the invigilator looked the other way. Life here is made easy for many people along the way - in the hope that one day the help will be returned. What is the price one has to pay? Is it worth it to walk with pride for having earned something that you don't deserve?
Shady girl!!! ur back into action! m so glad! so are u out in the open? Or u still maintaining ur anonymity? Can I shout out ur name now?? But trust me, there is a certain thrill in anonymity!U can bare your soul without worrying bout what ppl think. Yeah, its another thing that I get to read them all. But its ME rite?? Lol! I greedily distributed my blog id to one and all. Sometimes I regret it. But then again its wonderful connecting with people! :)
ReplyDeleteI read all ur posts. But was too sleepy to leave comments. Next time for sure.
And keep writing babe!
Thanks babe... Yeah I'll enjoy the anonymity for now... Not sure I'm ready for the exposure yet... Not that there is anything juicy that I've revealed, which even if I did would not be worth any sane person's time. But you don't fall in the 'sane' category and I really need atleast one person who knows...
ReplyDeleteP.S. Glad to know my blog put you to sleep... I've always wanted to venture into clidren's bed time stories: you think I'll make it?
Ok that was CHILDREN's bed time stories...
ReplyDelete