Greatest Love of All

About two weeks ago I wrote a very (long) heartfelt note on the movie Miss Potter which I had just seen on TV that day. For some reason God felt I should not publish it and it got deleted after I spent an hour on it and was almost finished. Of course, if this had happened when I just got started, it wouldn't have taken much persuasion to start over. Maybe I should have typed it out on Word first but some how the inspiration to write only surfaces when I see my blog...sigh...

Any how, although two tags await me, I just had to put in a song that reminded me of the person I once used to be. Whitney Houston ruled our teen lives back in the nineties and when I listened to this song after eons, something in me woke up. I remember singing this song in school with such enthusiasm, such gusto, that I actually BELIEVED I could help change the world for the better. I don't know what changed after that. I then went on to become a teacher in a high school (for a short while) and, enjoyable as the experience was, I was the epitome of what a high school teacher should NOT be.

I don't know what makes a song so beautiful - the lyrics, the music, or the spirit in which the artist sings. Please do listen to it (you can type it in at www.justhearit.com - a page I keep open all day) ... I hope it inspires you to achieve greater things.

Greatest Love of All - Whitney Houston

I believe the children are our are future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside

Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be
Everybody searching for a hero
People need someone to look up to
I never found anyone who fulfill my needs
A lonely place to be
So I learned to depend on me


Chorus:
I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I'll live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity

Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me

The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all

I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way

Show them all the beauty they possess inside

Give them a sense of pride to make it easier

Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be


Chorus

And if by chance, that special place
That you've been dreaming of

Leads you to a lonely place

Find your strength in love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paralysis

A Picture Speaks

Friends Like Us