Oh to have MY roof over my head!
"I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." (Phil. 4:11)
We're going through hell (okaaay, a pretty rough time) finding a house for rent in Bangalore (again!). Our current landlord very conveniently decided to not inform us that they're planning to sell the place and our house agent decides to tell us the day AFTER we sign the rental agreement and move in our stuff (a move that was being paid for by my husband's company). But she consoled us by saying "Don't worry nothing will happen for another TWO years at LEAST! (She has to say that because we just handed her a cheque for one month's rent as her fee!) Sigh...we've not yet crossed one year and have to move out this month end! The nightmare is that rent in Bangalore has almost doubled since the last year, plus the added expense of movers, another agent, and the crazy task of changing our address with the bank, gas and telephone company! I have been so enraged these past few months due the turn of circumstances, finding it even difficult to be grateful for the small blessings in life. My childhood friend P, who also happens to live next door and is my moral compass, introduced me to "Streams in the Desert" by L.B. Cowman (much cheaper on Flipkart.com btw) and I have to say, I am finding the much needed peace my mind requires. I even ordered my own copy online so she needn't go without hers. If you're of the Christian faith - I strongly recommend this book as it has brought great meaning to my life and I really think it could make a difference to yours too.
But I still can't help but think - there's nothing quite like having your OWN place, one where you are king! :o) All in His time...
We're going through hell (okaaay, a pretty rough time) finding a house for rent in Bangalore (again!). Our current landlord very conveniently decided to not inform us that they're planning to sell the place and our house agent decides to tell us the day AFTER we sign the rental agreement and move in our stuff (a move that was being paid for by my husband's company). But she consoled us by saying "Don't worry nothing will happen for another TWO years at LEAST! (She has to say that because we just handed her a cheque for one month's rent as her fee!) Sigh...we've not yet crossed one year and have to move out this month end! The nightmare is that rent in Bangalore has almost doubled since the last year, plus the added expense of movers, another agent, and the crazy task of changing our address with the bank, gas and telephone company! I have been so enraged these past few months due the turn of circumstances, finding it even difficult to be grateful for the small blessings in life. My childhood friend P, who also happens to live next door and is my moral compass, introduced me to "Streams in the Desert" by L.B. Cowman (much cheaper on Flipkart.com btw) and I have to say, I am finding the much needed peace my mind requires. I even ordered my own copy online so she needn't go without hers. If you're of the Christian faith - I strongly recommend this book as it has brought great meaning to my life and I really think it could make a difference to yours too.
But I still can't help but think - there's nothing quite like having your OWN place, one where you are king! :o) All in His time...
Its definitely awesome to have ur own space... Esply for a control freak like me. I get to call the shots all the time. And that is such a high. And I love setting up a new home. But that does NOT include unpacking. It just means SHOPPING - for furniture, rugs, crockery, cutlery and like :D...
ReplyDeleteFinding the right place to make a home is not easy.....Wishing U luck!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks girls...guess I'll just have to have faith something will work out in time.
ReplyDelete