In-Depth Realisations

Having been back in South Africa for a year now, and also having started work (sort of), I've come across some realisations that are totally unrelated. One is that in this country, people will pay ton loads for mediocrity. Truly stunned am I. I'm stewing in frustration because I wanna divert that money towards my bank balance :D and still have not figured out how. I think I have unusually high standards, which is strange considering that my brain hasn't been in much use for a while and now it's suddenly being jerked to the limelight in short but firm yanks.

Another realisation is that I better get used to opening my legs wide to a male gynae. Ok I know that came out all wrong, but I had never ONCE had a check-up in the nether regions until a gynae (a lady) looked down there and encouraged my son to make an appearance after 27 hours of labour. After that, a couple of lady docs and a tons of lady nurses checked me out quite a bit to see if the stiches had healed. I cringed every time. I truly did not know it was a hospital that was ALSO a Nursing College combined! They all looked down there whilst I lay spread-eagled and wished the ground would open and just SWALLOW me up! They hummed n haawed, took copius notes, and looked at me with pity (Wouldn't wanna be ya.). Now I'm struggling to get an appointment any where in Joburg, especially with lady gynaecologists being too few to begin with. Not one is available without a month's notice (minimum). I was discussing this exact predicament with some girlfriends recently and one of my bestest buds asked me if it could be because I spent all this time in India that my mind is not "open" to it - cos she is perfectly fine with it and does not feel awkward at ALL. I always look at preggy ladies in the movies with envy as they get their check-up (usually by a HOT Doc :) and pray for me to be able to get through my experience as stoically. Having hit my 30s (a while back) I think it's time I get my health sorted out in all matters. Most of my ailments can be easily fixed with a regular and solid dose of exercise. But really, when will they come up with a cure for laziness and procrastination?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paralysis

A Picture Speaks

Friends Like Us