A Little Bit At A Time

I've decided to write more often, but less. Savvy? No? Well. I tend to write long essays on the dull and depressing. It is cathartic for me to write it, but not always for the person who has to read it. I am hoping to get my creative juices flowing once again. People keep telling me that I can write - but I am not convinced (no, not fishing for compliments here). I am hoping that by writing a little bit at a time, more frequently, I can become better at my life's one true passion. I also am missing my blogger friends quite a bit (the MCC gang of girls (Nisha - your food blog doesn't count here), and Nancy - who is somewhere in Dubai). We all stared blogging at around the same time - and we were all such different people then. I wish they would write more.

What's New In My Life:

Apart from work, I've taken up learning Spanish on Duolingo (FREE app - please consider it if you want to learn Spanish, French, Italian, Portugese or German for free.) and it's been wonderful. I try to login as often as possible. I also managed to knit my son a wooly scarf - just a DIY I wanted to do from Pinterest to test if I could actually finish a project - I already know how to knit and it was just one stitch that I used :)  but I'm still very proud of the result.

The most important thing I did this year, two weeks ago, was register with the SABMR - a Bone Marrow Registry for patients who have blood diseases (it mostly affects children and teens) and need a donor match. In 30% of the cases they can find a match within the family, but in 70%, a match is 1:100000, so it is crucial for people to consider being a donor. I was easily recruited via Facebook, with a picture of a two-year-old boy who looks so much like my son. Leukaemia at 2. It really wasn't a very difficult decision to make. I am praying that I will be a match for him, but most of all I am praying that he just survives this. He is undergoing chemo at the moment and I cannot stop my eyes from welling up with tears when I think of him. God is good and I believe he will get through this.

I also quit swimming (after 4 months) - I hate the fact that I'm paying for membership and have to fight for a lane at the pool with highly competitive teens and mini-aqua wonders. Also, the timings, especially in winter are not working out for me. How ever, I am trying to exercise at home. I can't use treadmill because of my bad back but I can dust my dumbbells and attempt a few floor exercises. We're also trying desperately to eat healthy. Cutting down on carbs has been my greatest undoing and at times I become positively evil with hunger. This dieting period of my life is so stressful that I should probably desist from licking my laptop screen whilst scouring healthy recipes on Pinterest.

I can't think of much else that has happened. What's up with you? Yes. You. Reading this. Say hi why doncha? (Please...)

Comments

  1. Nice read babe... am glad u are back... missed ur blog much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh don't give up swimming.. try and find another way... everyone says that its the best to reduce weight, b healthy, get rid of back pain and so on.... And yes u write very well.... your writing enchants people :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls. And you must both get back to your blogs too please :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh... Its after soooo long that i am atleast reading blogs...feels good :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paralysis

A Picture Speaks

Friends Like Us