Hello 2014!

Ahem! Yes, I know I'm about 3 months behind. I HAVE missed catching up on blogs of late. And by of late I mean roughly 5 months, since I started at my current job (thank you for asking Nancy) and they have blocked access to all blogs at work. By the time I get home I'm too exhausted to go online, and I hate viewing blogs on my phone. In fact, the only reason I'm online today is because my toddler is not well (a mild fever due to the constant rain and cold) and I had to take leave. Lil man is watching Tom n Jerry as I type :)

I've sort of come to peace with my on-n-off job situation. I figure if I was meant to have a dream job, I would have started my own business with my own job title by now. But that's a dream for another day. Whilst it doesn't help with the finances any more (I got a car!!! And I love it! Even though I'm broke!) - I feel that once you become a parent, money never feels like it is enough. I have anxiety attacks about college funds (easily 15 years down the line) so I think I was BORN to worry about EVERYthing.

I just can't believe we're into March already. Winter will hit us next month though with this constant rain and chill I wonder if we will even notice! Another birthday has come and gone and as I approach my mid-thirties, all I can hope for is the good health of my family and some perfectly well-functioning limbs so we can occasionally trek in the woods and soak in the beauty of Nature - it was one of the reasons we moved abroad. But since we landed here two years ago, I have not stepped outside even once to enjoy the starry skies - an African pastime I often raved about to my husband when we lived in India.  Even as I type this I feel I should be making better use of my day off at home - like the mountains of paperwork waiting to be sorted, and the darning and mending of clothes missing a stitch or button. When did I become so domesticated?  

Now is probably as good a time to a hail an apt poem by William Henry Davies, published in 1911, an era without TV, the Internet or cellphones:

Leisure

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.

No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this is if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare. 


So basically, is there any hope for us? :D 

Hope your 2014 is awesome guys. And please, don't be like me. Take time to stop and stare. Be THAT vai-nokki... :D

P.S.: I just realized it's been 7 years since I started blogging! That really is a lot considering I'm not much of a blogger. Just went through some of my drafts and moved 'em all up front. I probably won't ever get around to publishing them, but even the ravings of a lunatic must be preserved so the world can be reminded that we're not ALL perfect :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paralysis

A Picture Speaks

Friends Like Us