Just Remembered I Had A Blog :)
Wow! Almost 3 years later and here I am, in Melbourne - Australia, once again contemplating a move! Who would have thought my life would take so many twists and turns as it did? Since I last wrote, we bought our first home and then moved countries after barely living in it for a year. I'm close to turning 40, roughly 80kgs in weight thanks to "Netflix and stuff-my-face", pretty sure I'm working my way towards diabetes, unemployed, managing two amazing children with their own challenges, apart from the burden of having me as their mother, and a marriage that has its ups and downs like any other, but still filled with the promise of hope, rather than despair.
I'm more optimistic about life now than I've ever been. It's not as though I've not had my personal share of the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" but I've come to accept that I'm merely a statistic in a population of 7 billion plus - and instead of asking "Why me?" I'm trying to accept the possibility of "Why NOT me?" Keep in mind, I've had a pretty cushy life and much of my optimism stems from the numerous sad videos Facebook subjects me to, reminding me constantly that I have no cause for complaint. I hope I shall persevere in writing once again. It's way past midnight now. Man, it feels good to be at a laptop again after what feels like forever.
I'm more optimistic about life now than I've ever been. It's not as though I've not had my personal share of the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" but I've come to accept that I'm merely a statistic in a population of 7 billion plus - and instead of asking "Why me?" I'm trying to accept the possibility of "Why NOT me?" Keep in mind, I've had a pretty cushy life and much of my optimism stems from the numerous sad videos Facebook subjects me to, reminding me constantly that I have no cause for complaint. I hope I shall persevere in writing once again. It's way past midnight now. Man, it feels good to be at a laptop again after what feels like forever.
Comments
Post a Comment