Rambling

Who am I? I wish I knew. Is it weird that I should be asking myself this in my mid-twenties? What the hell is this mid-twenties crisis about? It's driving me up the bloomin wall. What happened to all the teenage dreams and ideologies...? When did I begin to accept that it's ok to work for the love of money over job satisfaction? Well, yes, I am still very much unemployed...bored...I wouldn't say clueless...I definitely know what I want...It all rests in taking that decision to run away from those who equate success with money...unfortunately many of these people are immediate family and friends. Yes, yes I know they're just "looking out" for me really...but little do they realise that we would really just like a little encouragement for our crazy ideas...

I would love to be a primary school teacher...or perhaps a librarian. HA!HA! I bet you thought my crazy ideas involved something like being a belly dancer, snake charmer or perhaps even poppy cultivation? I know this occupation sounds extremely boring...and financially unrewarding. With what little experience I have, I've realised teaching teens are a real pain in the bottom...and with a bottom as big as mine,well...need I say more? They're very sassy [the kids i mean]...and when they are rude..hoo boy, it takes a lot of self-control to not reach out and grab em by their necks and shake em till their brains scatter all over the place...

Trust me, teaching is no piece of cake...and for someone who's as lazy as I am, it's probably the last occupation one should consider...at least for the sake of mankind...but I also had a lot of fun with my learners...I've learnt plenty from them...and more than anything...it's an occupation I would rather not pursue in India. The system here may or may not be the best...but it works for our people. I might very well be kicked out during my first week...I hate all the protocol involved. Now the thought of leaving this country leaves me in a fix - I just don wanna leave. I have lived abroad long enough to realise that home is really where the heart is...and we often hear of immigrants who would love to return home "one day, some day"...but it rarely happens...my folks are a case in point. This kind of thinking completely contrasts with my sense of romance and adventure. Why is it that we always have to sacrifice one good thing for the other? And will we, after making that sacrifice, regret our decision or learn to accept it for what it is? Let's face it, the road less travelled is exactly what it is because of the risks it involves...

Oh crap it's past my bed time...

Comments

  1. wicked witch, eh...nay I only interact with those who don't need mirrors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Random Lizard, who's the fairest of them all?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paralysis

A Picture Speaks

Friends Like Us