The Hole In My Heart

I am haunted by a TED Talk video friends put up on Facebook. I've been feeling deeply depressed, disturbed and walking around teary-eyed for the past two days. In order to know why, you should first watch this video before you read any further. It's by a social activist called Sunitha Krishnan and it's about human trafficking. While initially I DID wish I did not watch this video, I realize I cannot forever live in the wonderland that's in my head, that I must accept the world for what it is, and in my own way work to bring some light into the darkness that is in my heart.

This post is not about Sunitha, much as I admire her and her work. I have read about her before, but this video has really moved me to tears of sadness and bitterness. Immense anger wells in me - I feel so helpless, as though I should have done something to save those little children from their horrible ordeal. I prayed that Jesus would take them - I really did. But even in death, I wonder, who would visit their grave, or place flowers there, or say a small prayer for their little souls? Their faces haunt me as I think about what they went through. I want to scream and hit out at someone! For a fleeting moment I even thought it would be worth it to go to hell if I could just get my hands on the men who do such acts.

This post is to remember little Pranitha, Shaheen and Anjali - you are precious in the eyes of the Lord my little ones. I never knew you but I love you already...

Comments

  1. Yes I have read about Sunita and her comendable work.This is life and all sort of people are there.What we can do is to be always kind to everyone and to give some time to any of these causes.
    Rest leave to God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paralysis

A Picture Speaks

Friends Like Us