The Jungle Mama

I am a mother.

The statement above should say it all, but you know me, I'm a woman of many words (as are ALL women some would say). If you noticed, I haven't blogged in a while. My son is two months old today :O)

So much has happened since I found out I was pregnant. I was just two weeks into a corporate job in an international bank in Hyderabad. Four months (and all the nausea) later, my better half gets a new/better offer in Bangalore. Of course it was no secret we were dying to get out of Hyderabad - but I had all my maternity leave etc. worked out when this happened. Though I can't say I loved the job, I definitely enjoyed earning money again, making friends, interacting with people in a new environment, the politics, drama, and of course the targets we had to meet. It was stressful - but when compared to the ONE YEAR of sitting at home looking after house and dog, it was awesome - I was reluctant to give it up. Also, being with child, I was terrified of what it meant to no longer bring home my share of the income. As it is in life, hubby's career took priority and it took us almost 3 months to settle down in Blore what with him working late and me waddling around like a duck.

Before I knew it, the big day had arrived and I was pretty much alone through the whole experience (God was with me). My in-laws arrived the morning he was born. I went into labour 24 hours earlier. My Mum arrived a week after (for just a precious week). God sent me good people to get me through what they call a "normal" delivery. All I am gonna say is, it is no surprise women don't talk about childbirth much with other women. My definition of "normal" has completely changed.

I would love to go into all the minor details of how much I am loving my current role but my son is now my top priority. I have started this blog post a million times since he was born. I have decided to start a new blog called The Jungle Mama - and am trying to restrict my posts to 100 words - just to get used to noting down my thoughts and ideas in as few words as possible. This may eventually become 200 words if the effort seems too much. To be honest, it is less about the effort and more about how little time I have between feeding munchkin, changing diapers, washing mats, etc. But THIS blog will definitely stay alive for when ever I want to go into long, drawn out epics - the shenanigans are not over! Trust you are all well? Take care.

This last line is for YOU Lord: thank you for this small miracle you have entrusted to our care.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paralysis

A Picture Speaks

Friends Like Us