The Book-Movie-Song Tag

I came across this tag in Preeti Shenoy's blog and it was quite refreshing, especially as she made it up herself. I am a huge fan of hers and can't WAIT to get hold of her two books. Been ages since I got my hands on a good read. Here's an awesome way to get to know more about someone:

Preeti's Rules:

1. The tag has three parts: Movies, Music, Books/Authors.

2. Write a movie, song, book/author with each alphabet of your first name. The book, movie or song should be one that you really liked. If you say why it matters to you, it would be great! We will all discover new songs, movies and books this way.

3. Tag as many people as there are letters in your name (if your name has 4 letters, you have to tag 4 people and so on).

4. Mention that the tag originated here and link back to this post :-)

5. Copy paste these rules :)

So here goes -

Movies:

Jaws - saw it in my pre-teen years and was terrified of the ocean because of it. So over it now.
Avatar - visually appealing and in 3D - I was blown away!
Notting Hill - any story set in England will do for me. Oh, also any movie with Julia Roberts!
Edward Scissorhands - the teen years were all about Johnny Depp - not suprisingly, it is STILL about JD :D ...loved the originality and dark humour of this movie.

Books/Authors:

Jeffery Archer is all that comes to mind. I WAS a huge fan once upon a time - even have a book signed by him. Kane & Abel will always be one of my favourites.
Asterix comics - would fight my Dad for it as a child (minus the magic potion). Always wanted to live in such a Gaulish village.
No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, The Series - set in Botswana, it reminds me so much of my home town. I just love the author's simplistic style.
Enid Blyton - she shaped my childhood. I loved the imaginary world she drew me into.

Songs:

Joy to the World! - and any classic Christmas Carol...
Ave Maria - it's hauntingly beautiful
No Woman No Cry :D ...I pretend I'm in Jamaica when I hear it.
Eternal Flame - the love song of love songs (okay, fine that's Unchained Melody)...hard to not reach back into the past with songs like these.

Gotta say this was HARD to do . Once I got started I was wondering what I had gotten myself into. Clearly these are not my ALL time favourites - there are way too many to mention, plus the limitation of it matching my name. I had to rack my brain quite a bit. Now I need to lie down...

Comments

  1. Jaws scared me too...I even remember going down on the theatre floor & refusing to get until the movie got over;-D

    Preeti tagged me too....need to do it soon;-P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paralysis

A Picture Speaks

Friends Like Us