Chicken Broth
I am a firm believer of Chicken Soup for the body. I would rather not comment on what's good for the soul :D
When ever I am down with a cold or fever I just LOVE to have some chicken soup - the creamy or clear brothy types - I don't really care. I made some soup for a good friend the other day. She had a bad throat pain, I was bored, and so voila! She said she really enjoyed it. Well actually, so did I. So I decided to put up my first ever food-related post, a recipe for some good ole chicken broth:
Must-have ingredients:
Addendum - 5 March 2011
The veggies might get mushy in a pressure cooker - but I kind of like it that way. If you don't, it might be good idea to leave out the beans, and substitute the tomato with a puree or sauce.
When ever I am down with a cold or fever I just LOVE to have some chicken soup - the creamy or clear brothy types - I don't really care. I made some soup for a good friend the other day. She had a bad throat pain, I was bored, and so voila! She said she really enjoyed it. Well actually, so did I. So I decided to put up my first ever food-related post, a recipe for some good ole chicken broth:
Must-have ingredients:
- Chicken pieces lightly browned in butter/oil - bones and a little fat will help with flavour
- Freshly, roughly ground pepper
- Ginger (chopped julienne)
- Garlic bruised
- Salt to taste
- Lemongrass or Lemon/Lime zest
- Water (just enough to submerge everything - or maybe a litre, I dunno)
- At least 2 veggies
- Green chillies (one big with a slit - or depending on how spicy you want it)
- Spinach finely chopped (amazing flavour - I use it in almost ALL my dishes)
- Carrots
- Beans
- Caramelized onions
- Tomatoes
- Pumpkin
- Leeks
- Peas
- Bell Peppers
- Spring onion
- What ever the hell veggie you like - the more the merrier
Addendum - 5 March 2011
The veggies might get mushy in a pressure cooker - but I kind of like it that way. If you don't, it might be good idea to leave out the beans, and substitute the tomato with a puree or sauce.
you have post a pic di..seriously..
ReplyDeleteand really thats a brilliant way to cook it all..now why didnt i think of putting it all in the cooker...the veggies dont get mashed do they???
Edi it was not visually appealing enough for a pic.
ReplyDeleteahhh its wonderful to c u bloggin jane...cool....nice posts
ReplyDelete